Experience the incomparable sound
of some of the world's finest
stringed instruments... together.
Musical history made
for a second time.
The Italian city of Cremona. Birthplace to the world’s most famous luthiers. Home to many of the world’s most treasured string instruments. Cremona Quartet brings you a collection of these instruments in solo form. Built hundreds of years ago with wood from surrounding forests, each instrument has its own unique personality, and together their sound represents the heart, soul and magic of the region. Until now, these historic artifacts have been guarded under lock and key and played by only a handful of trusted professionals. Today, they are yours to use in your productions.
Antonio Stradivari is the most famous luthier in the history of violin making. His ‘Vesuvius’ violin was built in 1727
The second violin in the quartet is Guarneri’s ‘Prince Doria’, built in 1734.
Stradivari also made other stringed instruments. His ‘Stauffer’ cello, built in 1700, is listed as an Italian national treasure.
The quartet’s oldest instrument, the ‘Stauffer’ viola, built by Gerolamo Amati in 1614.
The e-instruments innovation of performance captured vibrato takes the recording of a professional violinist's vibrato technique, then reapplies the behavior of the vibrato parameters to the sample, allowing you to automate or control in real-time, resulting in full and realistic control for an expressive and natural sound.
The numerous articulations recorded include long, short, expressive, dynamic, and special articulations, all with up to three legato transitions. The adaptive Virtuoso articulation intelligently combines multiple articulations in real-time using the velocity, note, and pitch bend information sent from your MIDI controller performance.
True Solo Strings
Every single note of the instruments have been painstakingly sampled at different dynamics and phase-aligned in stereo across multiple microphones. This ensures that all dynamic transitions are free from any phasing artifacts and dynamic changes over long legato transitions, from the softest pianissimo to the most forceful fortissimo, are indistinguishable from that of a real player.
Shape Your Sound
Two Kontakt instruments provide a choice between Multi-Mic and Stereo. The Multi-Mic option provides a mixer within the UI offering control over the “close”, “mid” and “far” audio fields. The Stereo offers a stereo mixdown of all three. This gives the player flexibility and customization over the sound when mixing, or a more CPU and RAM efficient instrument for maximizing workflow when composing.
Choose Your Timbre
The “Smart” position algorithm will select the fingerboard position that a professional player would most likely choose to play a musical phrase. The “Low String” and “High String” options allow you to determine the timbre you wish to get from each instrument, forcing a lower or higher string to be played. The lower string will result in a more mellow timbre, whereas forcing a high string will create a brighter, clearer timbre.
The Cremona Quartet consists of four famous and sought after instruments; The Stradivari Violin "Vesuvius", Stadivari Cello "Stauffer, Guaneri Violin and Amati Viola. All four instruments were meticulously recorded in the very auditorium designed to hear their sound. Until now, these historic artifacts have been guarded under lock and key and played by only a handful of trusted professionals. Today, they are yours to use in your productions.
- Four Solo Instruments; Violin 1, Violin 2, Viola, Cello
- Smart fingerboard positioning
- Multi-channel, stereo phase-aligned dynamic layers
- Mix between close, mid and far mic positions
- Additional room noise control
- Performance-captured vibrato emulates human vibrato technique
- 20 Professionally played articulations
- Including up to 3 legato transitions per articulation
- Virtuoso articulation combines multiple playing techniques without the need for key switching
- Native Instruments NKS compatible
- Download Sizes:
- Stradivari Violin 23.5 GB (39 GB uncompressed)
- Guarneri Violin 25.63 GB (42.54 GB uncompressed)
- Amati Viola 24.33 GB (40.37 GB uncompressed)
- Stradivari Cello 27.27 GB (45.25 GB uncompressed)
- 24 bit, 48 kHz
- Kontakt instrument – requires free Kontakt 6 Player or Kontakt 6 Version 6.2.2 or higher
- System Requirements:
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit) Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 6 GB RAM
- Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 or 10.15 (latest update), i5, 6 GB RAM
- An Internet connection and a graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.1 or higher are required to download and activate this product. Once installed and activated, the product can be used offline.