Easily create evolving brass
textures, uniquely curated
for a warm, mellow sound.
Valves is a warm blend of soft brass instruments comprising French Horn, Flugelhorn, Euphonium, Trombone, and Tuba. Playable via e-instruments' unique phrase player, instantly create interweaving, evolving brass section phrases from a single note or chord - all professionally performed, expertly arranged, and recorded together for a truely authentic sound.
The Valves main page provides the 'Moments' slider, phrase overview and global controls.
The beating heart of the instrument, with 100 preset phrases ready to use out the box.
The mixer provides total control over levels, send and master effects, tempo-synced LFOs, and more.
Navigate presets and mark your favourites using the star.
Valves is a five-piece brass ensemble comprising Flugelhorn, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium and Tuba. Although instantly recognisable as brass by most, this is not your typical brass quintet sound and as a result has a unique, interesting and mellow timbre that sets this instrument apart from the more common funk section including trumpet and saxophone. This sound is all about mellow, warm, evolving textures, suitable for a wide range of contemporary genres.
A True Ensemble
To ensure a realistic, coherent brass section sound, all of the instruments in Valves were recorded as a full section playing together, led by a conductor. But we didn't stop there. We recorded everything in isolation for maximum flexibility for mixing and applying effects when using the instrument.
Valves comes packed with 100 preset phrases, all with three variations each called Moments, that you can explore using the preset browser from simple sustains, through to more complex and rhythmical patterns for you to use out the box, or get adventurous and edit them to achieve the result you're looking for. If you like you can even create your own phrases from scratch choosing from a long list of chromatically sampled articulations including crescendos, decrescendos, swells, waves and noises. The voicing options allow you to alternate voices and apply arpeggios and you can adjust each instrument's loop length for endless creativity.
Hands On Control
The controls on the main page provide dynamics, for gliding seamlessly through the many velocity layers of the instruments and the charachter knob allows for interesting timbre variations. The moments slider controls the variations on each phrase, and the lock function lets you lock a phrase you like so that it wont change. (Re-trigger)
Mixer and FX
All the articulations in Valves were recorded in isolation to give you total flexibility when it comes to mixing and effects processing. There are two send effects and two master effects slots with 72 effect presets to choose from including reverbs, delays, filters, Eq's, Saturation, and more. What's more, there's an LFO on the master effects for some exciting sound design possibilities.
In order to ensure the best sound quality and maximum realism, we have considered how a real brass section would sound. Not only is every single note sampled individually, but Smart Voicing ensures that whatever chord you play, the notes will be distributed across the active instruments in a logical and musical way. Add to that Polyphonic Legato for individual re-triggering of notes within a phrase, and realistic re-tongue behavior and the result is the realization of a very real-sounding brass quintet.
Features of the Valves:
- Five Piece Brass Ensemble; Flugelhorn, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium and Tuba
- Innovative phrase player for instantly creating interweaving, evolving brass phrases
- All instruments were recorded in isolation whilst being tracked as an ensemble for untouchable flexibility with mixing and FX.
- A wide range of articulations, including crescendos, decrescendos, evolving sustains, swells, waves and more
- 100 ready-to-use preset phrases
- 36 Send FX and 36 Master FX to choose from, both with two FX slots each
- Full mix control over levels, mute, solo and pan
- Automatable Character and Dynamics controls for the most expressive performance
- Chromatically sampled for the highest sound quality
- Polyphonic legato on sustain articulations
- Native Instruments NKS compatible
- Download Sizes:
- 11.65 GB
- 24-bit, 48 kHz
- Kontakt instrument – requires free Kontakt 7 Player or Kontakt 7 Version 7.1.5 or higher
- System Requirements:
- Intel Macs (i5 or higher): macOS 10.15, 11 or 12 (latest update)
- Apple Silicon Macs (via Rosetta 2 & natively on ARM in Standalone or in hosts that support it): macOS 11 or 12 (latest update)
- Windows 10 or 11 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 2 GB RAM
- Graphics hardware support for Direct 3D 11.1 (Feature Level 11_0) or higher
- 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)
- macOS (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST3, AU, AAX
- Windows (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST3, AAX