Software Developer – iOS Instruments
Position: Software Developer – Virtual Instruments (m/f/d)
Location: Remote / Hybrid
Type: Permanent (Full / Part Time)
At e-instruments, we create innovative, easy-to-use virtual instruments so musicians can focus on what’s important – the music.
As part of the software development team, you will be responsible for the development of our Kontakt instruments. This multi-faceted role includes a focus on research and development relevant to the overarching company strategy and working closely with the product team to deliver the software solutions we need to deliver ground-breaking and highly competitive products to our customers.
Our HQ is based in Hamburg, Germany, with our small team working locally as well as remotely from Berlin and the UK.
What You Will Do:
- Write modern, clean, and maintainable code for our iOS products – with a strong emphasis on UI development
- Collaborate with the whole team including Sound Design, UI designers, and developers to provide solutions for modern music makers using iOS apps to make music
- Work closely with Product and QA to clearly understand, challenge and implement product specifications and new features
- Seek to continuously improve our software development and sound design processes to improve the efficiency and quality of our output.
- Always be on the lookout for innovations or developments in technologies that could feed into our approach to product design. Use these insights to develop new software concepts as a way for us to innovate.
- Develop rapid prototypes for proof of concept for new and exciting features
- Contribute with ideas in product workshops that help to define the future roadmap for the company
- Maintain our products by fixing bugs that get raised by our customers
- Maintain an organized plan of your workload with the help of the Project Manager within the Asana project environment
- Bring a positive attitude and be present, interested, and motivated keeping our brand mission in mind each day
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in user interface programming and adaptive design knowledge of Swift, SwiftUI, Objective-C, and Apple’s integrated development environment Xcode
- Knowledge of Appstore Connect and the iOS app lifecycle and tools
- The ability to familiarise yourself quickly with new programming languages and development tools
- Experience working in a cross-functional team of developers and UI designers
Useful Skills and Experience
- Experience in C++ and cross-platform plugin development with JUCE is useful, but not essential
- Experience with version control systems like Git and/or SVN
- Familiar with the world of music making on iOS and the e-instruments iOS apps
- Experience playing or making music on some level whether that is novice or advanced
- Speak German
What We Offer
- HQ and Studio based in Hamburg Port
- Flexible working hours
- Remote, Hybrid, or Office based working
- A creative space to meet with the team for product workshops and collaborative work
- 30 days annual leave + public holidays
- Free drinks and coffee (in the office)
- Company outings (Seasonal / Launch celebrations)